(left to right)
Blair Nelson, Heather Rice, Adrianna Deptula, Alex Bruce, Sarah Evans
Christine Kausel, Erin Finneran, Kaity Davis, Heather Stamper, Kenzie Coleman, Megan Seiffert
HEAD COACH: Jennifer Cooper
HILLIARD DAVIDSON WILDCATS CHEERLEADING TEAM PRESENTS:
“Roasted Corn Salsa”
○ 3 ears of corn
○ 1 medium jalapeño
○ 2 tablespoons olive oil
○ salt and pepper (to taste)
○ 1 ripe avocado, diced
○ ¼ small red onion, diced
○ 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
○ juice of 2 limes
○ tortilla chips, for dipping
1. Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
2. Add the corn and jalapeno to a sheet tray, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Grill on all sides until lightly charred, about 6 minutes total.
4. Remove from the grill and cool for a few minutes until you can handle.
5. Use your knife to remove the corn kernels from the ears of corn. Finely chop the jalapeno.
6. Add both to a bowl, and then stir in the tomatoes, avocado, red onion and lime juice.
7. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary with more salt as needed. Serve with tortilla chips.